We use temperature meter in almost every aspect of our life. From hot water geezer to refrigerator, from warm air heater to air conditioner. If I am not wrong temperature is one of the most measured factor or parameter across all industries. e.g
- In food industry temperature meter is very helpful in maintaining food quality and expiry before it delivered to customer.
- Thermometers are also used to maintain the temperature of the factory during the manufacturing of a particular product.
- Similar to above you can also use temperature meter at home. Based on reading you can make decision when to switch ON/OFF your heater or thermometer.
- In medicine industry it is mandatory to transport and keep some medicines at a particular temperature before patient take a dose.
There are analog and digital thermometers. But digital meters are more accurate so almost all industries prefer to use digital meters.
We highlight some important points about digital thermometer. Because our project is titled as “Simple Three Digit Digital Temperature Meter”.
This project is a simple temperature meter using LM35 analog sensor connected to PIC microcontroller PIC16F676. The temperature is displayed on 3 digit 7-segment display. Project code is written in C language for CSS compiler for PIC. Here are few things that you can expect to learn from this project:
1. Using Analog port of PIC Microcontroller
2. Interfacing LM35 temperature sensor
3. Interfacing 7-segment display
4. Multiplexing multiple 7-segment display
By uploading the project on this website we are helping the students who are making their final year projects to have an idea for their project if they are making the similar one.